HV Arts Council is Providing Resources to Ease our Collective Spirits.
I hope this finds you and your family as well as can be expected during these challenging times and that we can take advantage of this unprecedented “time off” to slow down a bit, self-reflect, and do something creative. Our deepest gratitude goes to the heroic medical professionals and service workers who are keeping us well and as comfortable as possible.
The overwhelming response from artists to our request for artwork has enabled the HV Arts Council to roll out a series of outreach programs to help those feeling the sadness of time apart from family and friends, finding themselves in need of short-term assistance, or just looking for a creative outlet during their time at home. These efforts include:
- Teaming with Capital Health Hopewell to create a virtual art show, set to music, now viewable on the televisions in patient rooms.
- Artwork is on view in the cancer treatment waiting room at RWJ University Hospital Hamilton.
- “Thinking of You” cards, featuring cheerful artwork from our local artists, are provided weekly to the HV Mobile Food Pantry and dropped in distributed food bags; to F.I.S.H. (Friends in Service Here) to accompany their meals-on-wheels deliveries; and distributed bi-weekly to the senior residents at Brandywine Living Pennington.
- An electronic card, featuring a different artist’s work and an inspirational quote, is included each week in the Hopewell Valley Seniors Newsletter.
- A Daily Dose of Art is posted each day with cabin-fever busting art activities suitable for kids and adults.
- A curated list of uplifting art-related links, While We’re apART, is updated regularly on our website.
Thank you to the many artists who shared their talents so we can do these little acts of kindness. They will bring a smile to a face or inspire hope to someone who needs it. If you are aware of others that could benefit from any of these initiatives, please let us know.
On behalf of our Board of Directors and our staff, we thank you for your continued support. The phrase “it takes a village” is truer than ever.
Together while apart,
HV Arts Council Executive Director
Links to HV Arts COVID Programs and Projects:
Daily Dose of Art – small art projects to take your mind to another place (and entertain bored kids)
While We’re apART – links to lift your spirits
COVID Art Shows
The overwhelming response from artists to our request for artwork has enabled the HV Arts Council to roll out a series of outreach programs to help those feeling the sadness of time apart from family and friends, finding themselves in need of short-term assistance, or just looking for a creative outlet during their time at home. These efforts have helped produce two virtual “art shows” that are being used for COVID-relief as well as community inspiration. Teaming with Capital Health Hopewell, this virtual art show, set to classical music, is now viewable on the televisions in patient rooms.
The “art shows” below, featuring artwork submitted by adult and young artists, made their debut to the public at virtual Pennington Day on May 17, 2020.