The Hopewell Valley Arts Council is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing art awareness and appreciation in the greater Hopewell Valley. We celebrate “art in the everyday” by cultivating all types of creative exploration and artistic expression, and encourage us all to see the beauty inherent in the simple and ordinary parts of day-to-day life. Through community collaborations, events and art-based initiatives, the HV Arts Council highlights our local talents and enriches the cultural and creative life of our community.
- Engage, support, and expand the existing rich and diverse artistic community in Hopewell Valley;
- Nurture and foster creativity in the Valley;
- Support local artists and artisans, and showcase the breadth of talent that exists in Hopewell Valley;
- Increase appreciation and accessibility of the arts to the public;
- Shine a spotlight on the fun, celebratory, and accessible-for-all aspects of art;
- Explore, expand, and enrich opportunities for arts education for the residents of the Valley;
- Create a vibrant, well-funded arts organization that builds community, encourages involvement, and supports cultural needs;
- Fund programs, events, and community spaces that support the visual, performing, musical, literary, and culinary arts in the Valley;
- Make the arts accessible to all members of a diverse community, specifically addressing traditional barriers to participation such as disability and financial limitations; and
- Connect and collaborate with neighboring art and cultural organizations and opportunities.
Carol Lipson, HVArts Council Executive Director
Craig Lieboff, HVArts Council Board Member