The Hopewell Valley Arts Council is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing art awareness and appreciation in the greater Hopewell Valley. We celebrate “art in the everyday” by cultivating all types of creative exploration and artistic expression. We encourage everyone to engage with the beauty inherent in the simple, yet extraordinary parts of day-to-day life.
Statement on Diversity and Cultral Equity: To support a full creative life for all, the Hopewell Valley Arts Council commits to championing policies and practices of cultural equity that empower a just, inclusive, equitable nation. We believe that all cultures are vital to the arts and the promotion of a culturally democratic world.
- We believe access to arts and culture is a basic human right, essential to the emotional, mental and spiritual well-being of every individual. We work to provide opportunities for everyone, at any age, to feel a sense of belonging within our community.
- To support a full creative life, we commit to championing policies and practices of cultural equity that empower a just, inclusive, and equitable community. We believe that all cultures are vital to the arts and the promotion of a culturally democratic world.
- We believe that arts and “creative placemaking” are a major driver for economic development and tourism in Hopewell Valley. Benefits are achieved by working collaboratively with the Valley-wide organizations, neighboring communities, and the public at large.
- We value artists and their creative work. We believe that artists should be rewarded for their creative contributions to the community whenever possible;
- We believe that art, in its many forms, provides our community with joy, inspiration, and unifying public experiences. Expression through art provides a vehicle for thoughtful critique of our political, economic and social systems, encouraging dialogue and making steps toward social progress. UPDATED MARCH 2022
Carol Lipson, HVArts Council Executive Director
Craig Lieboff, HVArts Council Board Member Emeritus