2023 Summer Workshop Registration
Participate in an aluminum casting event to create your own low-relief sculpture!
A scratch block is a tile made of resin-bonded sand which you can carve any shallow-relief design into to create a mold. Participants will receive a kit that includes: a 6”x6” resin-bonded sand mold, simple tools, and materials for your casting to take shape. Once carved, your mold will be prepared for the pour by the staff of the Seward Johnson Atelier. The foundry pour will be live-streamed and recorded for viewing later. Castings will be finished by the Atelier staff with an aluma black finish.
HV Arts Council Member Price: $55
- Signup: July 15 through August 15, 2023
- Instructional Zoom Call and Q+A: Thurs, July 20 – 7pm
- Kits will be dropped off to your home within a few days of sign-up, if local.
- Completed Mold Drop Off Date: Friday, Aug 25
- Week of Aug 28: Live-stream of the aluminum pour at the Seward Johnson Atelier foundry. (Will be recorded)
- To Be Determined: Finished castings will be available for pickup.