Design Submissions, detailing artist-specific ox designs, are due no later than Friday, January 17, 2014. Designs will be reviewed for suitability based on the Design Guidelines stated in the HV Stampede Artist Guidelines document. If you plan on submitting two designs, you must submit two separate submissions.
Please note that all material submitted as part of the registration and design process will become the property of the Hopewell Valley Arts Council and will not be returned.
What You Need to Do
Your completed Design Submission must be received no later than Friday, January 17, 2014. All materials must be placed in one envelope via postmarked mail or hand-delivered during business hours to
133 Front Street
Pennington, NJ 08530
Your completed Design Submission Packet must include the following five (5) elements. Be sure to put your name and ox title on the back of all artwork and papers.
- Design Submission Form: Downloaded form, completed and signed. Submit original and one black & white copy.
- Artist’s Design Statement – Please attach a separate 8 ½ x 11” sheet with a typed written description of your ox design and the materials you intend to use. Please limit this statement to 250 words. Submit two copies.
- Completed Ox Outline Drawing (download here) – Please paint or draw your proposed design on the Ox Outline Drawing . Feel free to enlarge the outline or copy onto another kind of paper to facilitate your artwork; however, you must then reduce the size again and submit a design no larger than 8 ½ x 11”. Due to the size limitation we realize that small details cannot be represented. The drawing should convey the overall look and feel of your design. A completed sample drawing can be seen here. Submit two color copies.
- Close-up of Design Detail – Please create one to four additional 8 ½ x 11” pieces of poster board or foam board detailing a small part of your design. It is totally up to you what you would like to submit. It may be samples of your paint colors, fabric pieces, a small cross-section of your design, or the technique you will use. Be sure to glue, wire or mount any items you have attached to the board in order to keep them secure on the backing material. It is important to write your name and the title of your ox on the back of each board. Submit one set of original boards.
- Copyright Assignment – Submit signed original and one black & white copy.